Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Busting wireless bottlenecks with Wi-Fi.

Last month at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, I sat in press conference after press conference wanting to pull my hair out in utter frustration, because even though I had 100 percent signal strength on my wireless air card, I could barely load a Web page.
My 3G Sprint air card, which under normal circumstances provides me with a very reliable, stable, and usable Internet connection, slowed to a crawl when I needed it the most. I've had similar experiences at other venues using other wireless networks. At the U.S. Open in New York City this summer, I could barely make a phone call on my AT&T iPhone. And sending or receiving e-mails on my iPhone was unthinkable at peak times of the day during the tournament. Last spring, while attending a Pearl Jam concert in Madison Square Garden, I was also unable to post pictures to Facebook via a Verizon Wireless Motorola Droid.

Read More :- Wireless Bottlenecks.

No comments: